So, another pita pizza for lunch today, but thought I’d change things up a bit:
- One whole wheat pita (150 calories)
- 1 tbsp. Classico Red Wine & Herb Sauce, spread evenly (about 8 calories)
- Layer of organic baby spinach leaves (Pretty much null on calories – maybe 2? 3 cups is about 35 calories)
- 1 tbsp. of Ricotta cheese, spread on a few strategic spinach leaves (15 calories)
- Two (white) mushrooms, sliced and layered (10 calories or less)
- Light Mozzarella (about a 1/2″ thick slice on a large block, grated – I know, it looks like a lot, but it’s not) (about 10o calories)
- Parmesan (20 calories)
- Oregano, pinch sprinkled on top of the mozza
TOTAL = 305 Calories. But that doesn’t worry me so much, since everything in there is essentially good for me, and I kept the cheese to a minimum. Half of that is the pita alone of course.
Tossed in the oven at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese browns. Remove to a plate, slice, and EAT!
I sliced mine into 8 pieces, which was a feat in and of itself, as it’s not a large pita – so my pieces were the size of chips or something, and made me feel like I ate more.
VERDICT: VERY tasty! I am LOVING spinach.